It is your right to have repairs that are covered under the California civil code completed in a timely manner and it is also your responsibility to notify your landlord.
This letter will let your landlord know what needs to be repaired and indicate the law/code to support your repair request. Implied in every California residential lease is the warranty of habitability. California’s civil code provides the minimum requirements that constitute an habitable residence which include things like working doors and windows, hot and cold water, electrical wiring a lighting, proper sewage systems, waterproofing, plumbing and gas in working order, a rodents free residence. Your landlord legally must respond to conditions that make your apartment or home not habitable.
At a minimum your rental property must be provided with:
- effective waterproofing and weather protection of the roof and the exterior walls – this includes unbroken windows and unbroken doors
- plumbing that is in working condition, as well as heating, and electrical facilities, hot and cold running water and a working toilets and kitchen sink
- building grounds that are clean and sanitary – free of debris, filth, rubbish, garbage, rodents, and vermin and with adequate trash receptacles
- well-maintained floors, stairways, and railings
- deadbolt locks on certain doors and windows
- free of lead paint hazards
- no nuisances, which is a catchall provision which refers to something that is dangerous to human life, detrimental to health, or morally offensive and obnoxious
Notify your landlord today in writing about the conditions that require repair.Contains the Explicit & Clear California State Law
Use Our Pre-Written Repair Request specific for California state
Feel at ease with your Repair Request Letter purchases with HomeTitan. All transactions are secure with SSL encryption. On checkout just look at the website address and you’ll see https: meaning you’re on a secure site. We take your privacy and security seriosuly.
California Letter Specifications
- Works on PC and Mac
- Windows OS compatible
- Mac OS compatible
- No editing necessary
Our letters for California renters are tailored to your state, with the right laws to get your landlord’s attention. We’ve taken care of the Repair Request details so there’s no hassle on your part to find the right law and craft an approrpriate letter. Our letters have been used in California and all over America with great success.
Your California Repair Request Letter Key Points To Remember
HomeTitan Is Here To Help
Additional Information Concerning Repair Request Issues in California